As the new season for Snow Chains approaches, I would like to give you some updates on what is happening in the business.
1. We have changed shopping carts to use the Magento shopping cart as opposed to the OSCommerce cart. There were several reasons for this change; the main reason was that we get feedback from customers often complaining of the clunkiness of the old shopping cart not having express checkout. Furthermore, we assessed that the old shopping cart was not mobile friendly and did not serve up SEO friendly URLs. While there were other issues as well, we simply felt it was time to upgrade. For past customers, this does mean that past purchases are only found in the old system which we will soon make available to you for purposes of finding your history.
2. We have always been selling the RUD product. We continue to promote RUD as the premier supplier of Tire Chains. As RUD does not have a cable offering, we have reached out to Quality Chain – a very reputable company – and we now offer cables known as the Volt product.
3. Supplies of Olympia Sprints are dwindling and RUD will not be ordering more. We have sold out of some of the best selling models of the Olympia Sprints including the OS-129, OS-131 and OS-136. We still have limited quantities of other models. We also are the only company offering the OS-140 MFG which is the chain for the 35″ tire sizes. They are an outstanding product for this tire size; however, the bags are marked rather oddly. The OS-140 MFG is actually a chain meant for the larger trucks, but cut down to size for the individuals who own the really large off road tires.
4. We no longer are stocking stores in the California mountain areas. The drought has played a toll on tire chain sales in those locations and since we are no longer located in California, we felt it was time to move out completely.
5. I am training a new assistant to help with the packing and shipping of all locally stocked and shipped items. She is very responsible and I look forward to off loading more and more responsibilities on her as time goes on.
Thank you all for your past support in purchasing your chains through us. We are still here and look forward to continuing meeting your needs for snow chains and cables for your cars and your industrial equipment.